Update – 30/03/2020
In light of the recent confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Ireland, and Government measures to minimise social interaction, Bodywhys is suspending some of its support services for now. We would like to reassure you this decision has come out of a duty of care to our service users and volunteers.
- Check out our thoughts on eating disorders and coronavirus here.
- Please see here for the new HSE eating disorders app.
- Please see here for a list of other mental health support services, as summarised by the HSE.
- As of March 30th, our helpline service 01-2107906 is resuming during the evenings of Monday, Wednesday and Sunday (7:30pm-9:30pm), and also Saturday mornings 10:30am-12:30pm.
- We have dedicated email support service firstname.lastname@example.org
- BodywhysConnect online support groups for adults (19+) with eating disorders are operating as normal.
- YouthConnect online support groups for young people aged 13-18 are operating as normal.
- Bookings for the free PiLaR programme for family members for May 21st, Galway and Carrick-on-Shannon, are continuing as normal – please contact email@example.com
Cancellations – Dublin support groups
- We are cancelling our Dublin city centre face-to-face groups for the rest of March and due to the changing circumstances in Ireland, we cannot run our groups in April.
- All Bodywhys staff are working remotely at present.
- Bodywhys school talks are suspended.
- Information packs/literature will not be posted out at this time.