Why do we provide this programme?
The PiLaR programme is delivered by Bodywhys, in support of the HSE’s Model of Care for Eating Disorders.
What do we focus on?
|Understanding eating disorders, the mindset of a person, how to manage at home||Dealing with meal times, routines, different behaviours and triggers|
|Recovery – what is the recovery process and how does it happen?||Coping with relapse|
|Communication, active listening skills||Dealing with rejection/shut down/anger|
|How does change happen?||Helping a person to accept help|
Who can attend?
Please note – the programme is for family members or friends, not the person experiencing the illness.
The content and focus of the PiLaR is for you, as a family member. The programme provides a space for you to receive support in your role as parent/carer. Professionals or clinicians may attend week 1 only. The programme does not provide CPD training.
Places are FREE, but booking is essential
- If you wish to book a place as a parent, carer or family member, please contact Niamh Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org or the Bodywhys office on 01-2834963.
Requesting a PiLaR Programme in your area/service
Since 2014, the programme has been delivered in:
- Antrim, Athlone, Carlow/Kilkenny, Cavan/Monaghan, Cork and Donegal
- Dublin – Cabra; Linn Dara – Cherry Orchard; Dublin North City & County – Swords; Stillorgan; and St. Vincent’s University Hospital
- Galway, Kerry, Laois, Limerick and Mayo
- Sligo, Tipperary, Waterford and Westmeath
2020 Dates and Locations
To book, or if you have query, please contact Niamh Clarke email@example.com or the Bodywhys office on 01-2834963.
January 23rd: Cork
January 23rd: Wicklow/Arklow
March 5th: Dublin
May 21st: Galway
May 21st: Carrick-on-Shannon
More locations to be announced for Autumn 2020
Contact me about future PiLaR programmes
Evaluation by UCD
- An evaluation of the PiLaR programme, by UCD, was published on 26/02/19.
- You can read the PiLaR Evaluation Report – PDF here.