Why do we provide this programme?
The PiLaR programme is delivered by Bodywhys, in support of the HSE’s Model of Care for Eating Disorders.
What do we focus on?
|Understanding eating disorders, the mindset of a person, how to manage at home||Dealing with meal times, routines, different behaviours and triggers|
|Recovery – what is the recovery process and how does it happen?||Coping with relapse|
|Communication, active listening skills||Dealing with rejection/shut down/anger|
|Helping a person to accept help|
Who can attend?
Please note – the programme is for family members or friends, not the person experiencing the illness.
The content and focus of the PiLaR is for you, as a family member. The programme provides a space for you to receive support in your role as parent/carer.
Professionals or clinicians may attend week 1 only. The programme does not provide CPD training.
For supports doing COVID19, please see here.
Contact me about future PiLaR programmes
History of PiLaR
- Antrim, Athlone, Carlow/Kilkenny and Cavan/Monaghan
- Cork, Donegal and Dublin
- Galway, Kerry, Laois, Limerick and Mayo
- Sligo, Tipperary, Waterford and Westmeath
- Online – during Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Evaluation by UCD
- An evaluation of the PiLaR programme, by UCD, was published on 26/02/19.
- You can read the PiLaR Evaluation Report – PDF here.