Why do we provide this programme?
The PiLaR programme is delivered by Bodywhys, in support of the HSE’s Model of Care for Eating Disorders.
What do we focus on?
|Understanding eating disorders, the mindset of a person, how to manage at home||Dealing with meal times, routines, different behaviours and triggers|
|Recovery – what is the recovery process and how does it happen?||Coping with relapse|
|Communication, active listening skills||Dealing with rejection/shut down/anger|
|How does change happen?||Helping a person to accept help|
Who can attend?
Please note – the programme is for family members or friends, not the person experiencing the illness.
The content and focus of the PiLaR is for you, as a family member. The programme provides a space for you to receive support in your role as parent/carer.
Professionals or clinicians may attend week 1 only. The programme does not provide CPD training.
For supports doing COVID19, please see here.
May 21st – PiLaR Online
- The next PiLaR starts on Thursday, May 21st.
- Carers from all areas in Ireland are welcome to attend.
- To book, or if you have a query, please contact email@example.com
Requesting a PiLaR Programme in your area/service
History of PiLaR
- Antrim, Athlone, Carlow/Kilkenny and Cavan/Monaghan
- Cork, Donegal and Dublin
- Galway, Kerry, Laois, Limerick and Mayo
- Sligo, Tipperary, Waterford and Westmeath
Contact me about future PiLaR programmes
Evaluation by UCD
- An evaluation of the PiLaR programme, by UCD, was published on 26/02/19.
- You can read the PiLaR Evaluation Report – PDF here.