Why do we provide this programme?
The PiLaR programme is delivered by Bodywhys, in support of the HSE’s Model of Care for Eating Disorders.
What do we focus on?
|Understanding eating disorders, the mindset of a person, how to manage at home||Dealing with meal times, routines, different behaviours and triggers|
|Recovery – what is the recovery process and how does it happen?||Coping with relapse|
|Communication, active listening skills||Dealing with rejection/shut down/anger|
|Helping a person to accept help|
Who can attend?
If you are a professional, a clinician, an allied health professional who would like to enquire about CPD training in eating disorders please email Harriet Parsons, our Training and Development Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
For supports doing COVID19, please see here.
Are you a sibling of a person with an eating disorder? Have you attended the PiLaR Programme? Would you find it helpful to attend a sibling only support group? We are looking for expressions of interest. If you would be please email email@example.com to express interest.
Contact me about future PiLaR programmes
History of PiLaR
- Antrim, Athlone, Carlow/Kilkenny and Cavan/Monaghan
- Cork, Donegal and Dublin
- Galway, Kerry, Laois, Limerick and Mayo
- Sligo, Tipperary, Waterford and Westmeath
- Online – during Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Evaluation by UCD
- An evaluation of the PiLaR programme, by UCD, was published on 26/02/19.
- You can read the PiLaR Evaluation Report – PDF here.