Why do we provide this programme?
The PiLaR programme is delivered by Bodywhys, in support of the HSE’s Model of Care for Eating Disorders.
What do we focus on?
|Understanding eating disorders, the mindset of a person, how to manage at home||Dealing with meal times, routines, different behaviours and triggers|
|Recovery – what is the recovery process and how does it happen?||Coping with relapse|
|Communication, active listening skills||Dealing with rejection/shut down/anger|
|Helping a person to accept help|
Who can attend?
If you are a professional, a clinician, an allied health professional who would like to enquire about CPD training in eating disorders please email Harriet Parsons, our Training and Development Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
For supports doing COVID19, please see here.
Post-PiLaR support group
Are you a sibling of a person with an eating disorder? Are you over 18, and have you attended the PiLaR Programme? Bodywhys is dedicated to growing the support services available in order to provide ongoing support to people affected by eating disorders. As part of this, Bodywhys will run a support group for siblings on Friday October 8th from 10.30am – 12 noon. This will be delivered via Zoom, and attendance is limited to 20 places (allocated on a first-come-first-served basis). Please email Terri on email@example.com to book a free place.
New Maudsley Training workshops – Summer 2021
- Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th June 7-9pm
- Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th July 7-9pm
- Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th August 7-9pm (follow up)
To book a place, please contact Terri via firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact me about future PiLaR programmes
History of PiLaR
- Antrim, Athlone, Carlow/Kilkenny and Cavan/Monaghan
- Cork, Donegal and Dublin
- Galway, Kerry, Laois, Limerick and Mayo
- Sligo, Tipperary, Waterford and Westmeath
- Online – during Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Evaluation by UCD
- An evaluation of the PiLaR programme, by UCD, was published on 26/02/19.
- You can read the PiLaR Evaluation Report – PDF here.