Founded in 1995, Bodywhys is the national voluntary organisation supporting people affected by eating disorders.
Think Bodywhys CLG is a company limited by guarantee (CLG) with a voluntary Board of Directors of people with expertise in relevant areas.
Our mission is to ensure support, awareness and understanding of eating disorders amongst the wider community as well as advocating for the rights and healthcare needs of people affected by eating disorders.
Our vision is that people affected by eating disorders will have their needs met through the provision of appropriate, integrated, quality services being delivered by a range of statutory, private and voluntary agencies.
- People with eating disorders can and do recover
- People with eating disorders should not be discriminated against or stigmatised.
- People with eating disorders have a right to have their healthcare needs met including access to appropriate information, quality services and choices in treatment provision.
- People have a right to be treated with respect and in confidence.
- Bodywhys endeavours to foster partnerships and collaborative approaches with all relevant agencies, organisations and other stakeholders.
- Bodywhys is committed to the concept and practice of volunteering and believes that volunteers have a central role to play in the ongoing development of the organisation.