What happens when I log onto to the group?
People are welcomed by Bodywhys facilitators. The facilitators will post the ground rules/guidelines for the group. Confidentiality and respect are emphasised.
In the online group, people talk by typing in a text box at the bottom of the screen. A list of users who are logged on is shown on the left hand side.
The group generally determines what is discussed at each session. The facilitators do not have a set agenda. People attending are under no obligation to speak during a session. The facilitators ensure the space is safe for all attending. If you feel uncomfortable or upset, do make sure to talk this through before leaving the session.
You do not have to ‘speak’ if you don’t feel ready. It is OK to simply observe.
There is no pressure to talk until you feel ready.
- We ask people in the group to avoid talking about specific weights, foods or the details of behaviours they are engaging in. This helps everyone feel safe and supported so that people can talk about how they are feeling.
- Please note that Bodywhys provides confidential support services within the limits of its Child Protection Policy.
Registration process and logging on
Some tips on using the service and Netiquette
- Use short sentences, or send long sentences in parts, adding ’…’ at the end of each part so that everybody knows you are not finished yet! It makes it easier to read for others.
- Please remember to respect other’s opinions and be courteous towards all participants.
- The service should be used for finding and providing support, not for finding new ways of perpetuating your eating disorder.
- You do not have to contribute if you do not want to.
- Occasionally difficulties may arise either on the server that hosts our site or with our own application. We endeavour to resolve thee issues promptly, but you may on occasion experience difficulty logging in to Bodywhys YouthConnect in the interim.