People are welcomed by Bodywhys facilitators. The facilitators will post the ground rules/guidelines for the group. Confidentiality and respect are emphasised. There is no obligation to mention your diagnosis, nor do you need a diagnosis to use the group.
The facilitators do not have a set list of topics. Users attending are free to suggest what they wish to discuss. Group users attending do not have to speak during a group. It is OK to simply observe and listen. The facilitators ensure the space is safe for all attending. If you feel uncomfortable or upset, do make sure to talk this through before leaving the group.
For those already registered, please click here to launch Bodywhys Connect
- Use short sentences, or send long sentences in parts, adding ’…’ at the end of each part so that everybody knows you are not finished yet! It makes it easier to read for others.
- Please remember to respect other’s opinions and be courteous towards all participants.
- The service should be used for finding and providing support, not for finding new ways of perpetuating your eating disorder.
- You do not have to contribute if you do not want to.
- Occasionally difficulties may arise either on the server that hosts our site or with our own application. We endeavour to resolve thee issues promptly, but you may on occasion experience difficulty logging in to BodywhysConnect in the interim.
At Bodywhys, we believe people can and do recover from eating disorders.
Bodywhys provides confidential support services within the limits of its Child Protection Policy – PDF.