Bodywhys receives many requests from journalists/producers who are looking for people who are willing to share their personal story (anonymously or openly).
A personal story can:
- Serve to encourage others to seek treatment and / or speak out
- Reduce the stigma that often surrounds an eating disorder
- Advocate for better services, awareness and understanding.
We are looking for people who feel well enough to share their experience of an eating disorder.
We are also looking for family members who may be willing to share their perspective on caring for a person affected by an eating disorder.
- You must be over the age of 18
- If you are talking about your own experience of an eating disorder, we would ask that you wait until you feel that you have recovered to ensure that the experience is safe for everyone.
- If you are speaking from a carer’s perspective, we would ask that you ensure that you have the permission of the person you are caring for to share any details relating to their experience.
Please note, if you are under 18 or do not yet feel fully recovered, you are welcome to share your story in the ‘Personal Stories’ section of our website.
If you choose to participate, you will become part of a media panel of people who are supported and prepared for working with the media. Your details will remain with Bodywhys and as media requests come up, details will be sent on to you. The decision to work with the journalist will remain with you.
If you would like to participate in this media panel please complete the application form below.