The Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Ireland is changing daily, but supporting people with eating disorders remains our top priority.
Support services updates – Coronavirus (covid-19)
Helpline contact number: 01 2107906
- Evening times are as usual: Monday, Wednesday and Sunday 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Please note that due to present circumstances, daytime hours are now confined to Saturday 10.30am-12.30pm.
Please use the email support service at any time firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for further information on our support services during this time.
The helpline is delivered by a team of trained volunteers. It offers a non-judgemental and confidential support and information service. Many people with an eating disorder call the helpline, as well as family and friends who are worried. The helpline is open to anyone.
People call the the helpline for many reasons, such as:
- To talk something out
- To look for support about what they are coping with
- To try to understand how to approach and talk to someone
- To become equipped with the information and knowledge about treatment pathways and options
- To figure out a dilemma and work through the options available to them.
Our trained volunteers have the capacity and skills to listen to what you’re going through.
Also, callers can access names of local health professionals, details of all Bodywhys support services and other voluntary organisations where appropriate. We also have details of resources on eating disorders and self-help.
The cost of calls from a mobile phone may vary depending on your service provider and tariff. Please check with your service provider if you are unsure of this cost.
Please note – Bodywhys provides confidential support services within the limits of its Child Protection Policy.