Bodywhys is seeking volunteers for our ‘Be Body Positive’ schools programme in the Dublin area.
The ‘Be Body Positive’ schools programme is for young people aged 12-20 in the secondary school and youth group setting. The aim of the programme is to encourage discussion in the area of body image and self esteem, to provide relevant information on eating disorders and to help to explore and challenge media stereotypes around beauty.
Criteria for Volunteers on the Schools Programme:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of mental health issues affecting young people
- Excellent team work skills
- Over 20 years of age
- Lively and enthusiastic
- Interested in working with young people
- Available to travel throughout County Dublin
- Available on the same day each week from 9am – 2pm.
- Experience of working with young people
- Knowledge of eating disorders.
Please contact Fiona at email@example.com for more information or an application form. Full training will be provided.