Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Media monitoring and analysis, maintaining archive system for press clippings
- Managing and co-ordinating media requests, queries from journalists
- eBulletin/newsletter – drafting and circulation
- Manage website content overall and liaise with web developer, where required
- Organise digital content to support planned communications campaigns
- Help market and communicate events, such as webinars, conferences, and events for the public, as required e.g. PiLaR programme, Eating Disorders Awareness Week (EDAW)
- Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications projects and report on progress
- Review material regularly, to ensure its continued relevance and impact
- Manage and moderate content across all our social media platforms
- Create press releases and statements, as required
- Carry out post-campaign evaluation analysis and regular reporting on all online platforms
- Develop and maintain relationships with mainstream media to secure and grow positive media coverage
- Ensure consistent branding is used in all communications
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress to CEO/Line Manager
- Strong understanding of eating disorders and the role of Bodywhys
- Good understanding of the Irish media landscape
- Experience of social media, marketing tools and digital platforms in a professional setting
- Confident speaking in a public forum and representing an organisation
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong writing skills
- Research skills
- Teamwork skills
- Experience of developing and managing public relations campaigns
- The ability to be flexible and creative in a changing environment
- A third level qualification in a related discipline – communications, marketing, public relations
- Experience in a similar communications role or organisation
- Fluency in Irish
- Knowledge of Google Adwords, MailChimp, WordPress and Salesforce
- Experiencing presenting complex topics in plain English
- Podcast recording experience
- Very strong organisation, time management and communication skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to maintain attention to detail at all times
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A pro-active and can-do attitude
- Carry out any other duties as required that are consistent with the responsibilities of the post
- Maintain confidentiality on all matters relating to staff, volunteers, service users and general Bodywhys business
- Adhere to all Bodywhys policies and procedures currently in operation
- Project a positive image of Bodywhys at all times
- Occasional travel may be required, post-pandemic e.g. to events, conferences, meetings or a radio studio
- Occasional out of hours work e.g. media interviews, webinars
To apply for this role, please send a current CV and a cover letter to Barry Murphy, Communications Officer, email@example.com by 5pm on 29/06/2021.
Interview and selection process
- Eligible applications will be shortlisted according to how well the experience and skills as described by applicants match the requirements of the role.
- Selected applicants will attend a first round video interview.
- Those who are successful at the first round will progress to the second round.
- The second round will involve a communications task and video interview.
- Interviews will focus on competencies associated with the role and will take place in July 2021.
- Prior to recommending any candidate for appointment to this position, Bodywhys will make all such enquiries that are deemed necessary to determine the suitability of that candidate. Until all stages of the recruitment process have been fully completed, a final determination cannot be made, nor can it be deemed or inferred that such a determination has been made.
Canvassing will result in disqualification from the competition.
To learn more about Bodywhys see www.bodywhys.ie