The Model of Care aims to provide timely, high quality services and care in Ireland, at all stages of eating disorders. This includes evidence based treatment, dedicated eating disorder treatment teams, and a stepped model of care for children and adolescents, and adults and families.
Bodywhys is the partner organisation in the development, and implementation of, the Model of Care.
Model of Care website
Model of Care guide for families
Key points from of the Model of Care:
- An enhanced service structure
- Resources to deliver the service
- Patient-centred care and recovery
- Integrated care
- Improved clinical outcomes
- Reduced medical crises
- Reduce mortality and morbidity through earlier recognition
- Early access to psychosocial and medical treatment