The Model of Care aims to provide timely, high quality services and care in Ireland, at all stages of eating disorders. This includes evidence based treatment, dedicated eating disorder treatment teams, and a stepped model of care for children and adolescents, and adults and families.
Bodywhys is the partner organisation in the development, and implementation of, the Model of Care.website
Model of Care: A guide for people with eating disorders and their families
Key points from of the Model of Care:
- An enhanced service structure
- Resources to deliver the service
- Patient-centred care and recovery
- Integrated care
- Improved clinical outcomes
- Reduced medical crises
- Reduce mortality and morbidity through earlier recognition
- Early access to psychosocial and medical treatment
An actor recounts the story of a young person developing an eating disorder and being unsure how or who to talk to about it. She describes her experience attending a specialist eating disorders team and moving towards recovery, returning to school and sports.