We at Bodywhys respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2005. The purpose of this Website Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website. Therefore, we do not use or disclose information about your individual visits to our web site or other information that you may give us, such as your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number, to any outside companies except for the use of completing a donation transaction that you initiate.
Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
2. Types & Circumstance of Information Collected.
- Support Emails
When using the email@example.com email service you email address is collected so that we can respond to your email. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us. Certain information contained in the email will be retaind for statistical purposes. Other information retained, if provided, is limited to the following: email received date, location, gender of contact person, gender of person with eating disorder, age, reason for contact, information provided, type of eating disorder.
- Online Group
When using bodywhysConnect your email address is collected so that we can verify you have received our rules and regulations and to send you reminders of upcoming sessions should you request us to do so. Such information is only collected from you if voluntarily submit it to us. Other information retained for statistical purposes is limited to the following: age group, county, type of eating disorder.
- Message Boards
When you register for a Bodywhys message board, Bodywhys retains the information you supply to inform you of when we have edited or deleted a messge posted by you. Moderation of messages is adherence to guidelines outlined at the point of registration for this service.
- Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website. We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
4. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties.
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties.
All Personal Data is held on secure servers. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we have taken all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
7. Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data.
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2005 we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Making an Online Donation.
- The WorldPay payment system uses a combination of both established and innovative techniques to ensure the security and integrity of all sensitive data. Furthermore, WorldPays' public web servers are certified by Thawte, a public Certificate Authority, ensuring that you can have confidence that nobody can impersonate WorldPay to obtain confidential information.
- The transfer of the donation details from the Bodywhys Web Site to Worldpay are encapsulated using WorldPays' own encrypted and digitally-signed protocol. This uses a combination of standard methods such as PGP, RSA and MD5 to ensure that the information passed is secure and tamper-proof.
- Any communication between you the donor and WorldPay is also encrypted to the maximum strength supported by the donor's browser using TLS or 128 Bit SSL. Donors are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a "card not present" environment, by their card issuers. The card issuers provides the right for donor to dispute a transaction if the card was used fraudulently
- Data storage on WorldPay systems, and the communication between WorldPay and the worldwide banking networks, is regularly audited by the banking authorities to ensure a secure transaction environment. WorldPay also ensure that they stay up-to-date with the latest versions of any third-party code they use, and continually review their own proprietary code.
- PayPal is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security. Your credit card and bank account information are stored only in encrypted form on computers that are not connected to the Internet. We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. We test our security systems regularly and also contract with outside companies to audit our security systems and processes. For further information on PayPal's security & privacy practices, please click here for the details.
9. Changes to the Website Privacy Statement.